If you have ability, character, motivation, intellectual potential and want to study in a warm, welcoming overseas environment, then Salem College is for you!
BENEFITS OF A SALEM EDUCATION As a women’s college, Salem optimizes the learning environment and leadership opportunities for women.
Other outstanding aspects are:
• Student to faculty ratio of 12:1; which allows one-on-one interaction
with professors and individualized advising
• Average class size of 13
• January Term (one month semester) that provides opportunities for
internships, career exploration and studying abroad
• Center for Women in Business & Economics
• Women in Science and Mathematics
• Center for Women Writers
• School of Music
• Salem Signature leadership development program
BEYOND SALEM: SUCCESSFUL GRADUATES
Salem’s law school admission rate is 100 percent; the medical school
admission rate is 85 percent (the US average is 50 percent).
Recent international student graduates have gone on to the following
graduate schools, and many others:
• Harvard University’s Ph.D. program in chemistry
• The Mayo Clinic’s MD-Ph.D. program
• UCLA’s Ph.D. program in epidemiology
• Vanderbilt University’s Masters program in economic development
• Northwestern University’s Ph.D. program in chemistry SPECIAL SERVICES The Office of International Student Services makes sure you have a great experience at Salem, from helping with international documents to providing orientation and transportation to shopping off-campus. International dinners and shows are a vital part of campus activities.
A SAFE CAMPUS: “HOME AWAY FROM HOME”
Salem’s campus is located in a safe, beautiful historic village. We have had no violent crime on campus. On-campus housing is guaranteed all four years in spacious, comfortable, up-to-date residence halls for women only. The Health Center and mail delivery are also available on campus.